The ketogenic diet is the most effective way to lose weight fast, it consists of high fat, low carbohydrate and protein intake should be avoided. To follow the diet without harming your health, it is essential to follow some rules, carbohydrates should be reduced to 55 grams per day because fat replaces the carbohydrate that was cut.
Proteins must supply 20% of energy needs, while carbohydrates are generally restricted to 5%. This small shift from reducing carbs will force your body to use fat as its main source of energy instead of glucose this process is called ketosis. Your body's ketosis will use the molecules produced in the liver from fats when glucose is limited, let's say it will be an alternative fuel source.
Another fact that made the ketogenic diet so recommended by doctors is because it helps in the control and prevention of seizures and epileptic seizures, in addition to being great in the treatment of cancer, as cancer cells feed on carbohydrate, which is almost restricted. on the ketogenic diet. To do any kind of diet, you need to have a plan and know which foods are allowed and which are prohibited, so you can put together a complete menu for the 7 days of the week.
How to do a ketogenic diet: allowed and prohibited foods
Do not eat:
- Grains – wheat, corn, rice, cereals, etc.
- Sugar – honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
- Fruits – apple, banana, orange, etc.
- Tubers – potato, yam, etc.
- Meats – fish, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, etc.
- Dark greens – spinach, kale, etc.
- Above ground vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower.
- Dairy – hard cheeses, high-fat cream, butter, etc.
- Nuts and seeds – macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Avocado, Raspberries and Blackberry
- Coconut oil
- Sausages like ham, sausage and bacon
- Sauces like mayonnaise and mustard
7 day ketogenic diet
In the table below we will show you a complete menu for the 7 days of the week of the ketogenic diet.
Contraindications of the ketogenic diet
This is a diet contraindicated for elderly people over 65 years old, people suffering from liver or kidney failure, cardiovascular diseases, stroke. People who use cortisone-based medications should not be on this diet at all.